The oneTreasure Challenge:
We will Love like Jesus for 3 months
This is our Big Hairy Audacious Goal. It does seem odd that we would challenge ourselves to live in a way that is commanded by God and should already be true of every believer. Yet, the reality is that we don’t live this way. The American church is caught in the culture, a culture that is intensely self-serving. We are no exception at oneTreasure. Until we love Jesus more than our self-centered lives, we will continue to miss out on the joy of a life that is centered on the love of God. Our hearts drive our actions and what we love flows out of our hearts and into the lives of those around us. We want to love Jesus more than our own lives. That is the challenge, to love like Jesus, truly die to our self-driven lives, and then love one another with all our heart.
Therefore, it is appropriate to adopt a Big Hairy Audacious Goal… A goal that actually God’s goal. It is a goal that, at its core, is designed to allow God to radically transform our hearts. We are opening ourselves to major heart surgery. We want to follow Jesus relentlessly, radically, and fully. If we will take the challenge, adopt this big, hairy, audacious goal, and live this way for the next three months, we will be transformed; individually transformed and corporately transformed in ways we cannot even begin to understand.
Some things we will do to show our love for others:
- Do things for one another with absolutely no expectation of return. Matthew 20:25-28
- Always say good things about others. Speak in a way that always builds others up, never in a way that tears them down. Ephesians 4:29, Romans 8:1.
- Always do what is good for others, not what is good for me, even for those who are hard to love. Galatians 6:9-10, Luke 6:27
- Be kind, loving and helpful to everyone. No exceptions. 1 John 4:19.
- Pray for one another. Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to control our minds and hearts that we will know the love of God and live in His peace. Acts 8:31
- Eliminate gossip, slander or any kind of talk about others that in any way puts them in a negative light. Refuse to participate in the gossip or slander of others. Ephesians 4:31
- Live every day with joy, as a forgiven child of the King. Do what you know to be pleasing to God at all times. Ephesians 5:8-10.
Let’s do this together and see what God will do. All to His glory!
To listen to the sermon on Love click here: Love – The Engine of Life